Your Community. Your Kids.
Second Wind Fund, Inc. Affiliate Program
Through SWF and its Affiliates, mental health services are accessible to youth 19 and under in Colorado. Second Wind Fund of Metro Denver covers the Denver metro area (Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Park counties). Other Affiliates offer services in Boulder County, and Four Corners Colorado. Second Wind Fund, Inc. covers El Paso and Teller counties, and Eagle River Valley. We continue to talk with communities in Colorado and throughout the nation that are interested in starting a Second Wind Fund Affiliate Program to offer the same life-saving services in their communities.
Starting a Second Wind Fund Affiliate Program
SWF receives inquiries on a weekly basis about our program and how a Second Wind Fund Affiliate Program can be started in various communities. Because the program can be duplicated in any community with our existing template and assistance, we will walk you through the process and reduce the concerns of extensive time and energy necessary to get this program started.
Why Second Wind Fund?
- This is a fundamentally different and unique program--entirely distinguishable from any other awareness or education program that you may offer--because it provides direct services and fills a real niche in suicide prevention plans by offering fast, high-quality treatment services to kis who would not otherwise receive quality services.
- SWF has shown proven results in reducing teen suicide.
- Offering education and awareness programs is so very important for any community; however, once a young person is identified as having suicidal thoughts, can they afford mental health services? Studies show that 62% of individuals with suicidal ideation do not seek mental health services due to financial issues. SWF removes that concern for youth and their families.
- Funders find this program very appealing because money goes directly to treatment services.
- This is a very replicable program in any community, as we have an existing template and procedures.
We would be honored to assist any community in starting their own SWF Affiliate in order to have a powerful and positive impact on youth at risk for suicide.
If you’re interested in starting a Second Wind Fund Affiliate Program in your community, please contact Executive Director Richard Eveleigh at the SWF office: 303.988.5870 ext 15 or email at email@example.com
Current Second Wind Fund Affiliates
Second Wind Fund, Inc. and its Affiliate Programs cover a large portion of the Colorado youth population. If you know of a young person at risk for suicide in any of these areas, please contact the local Affiliate to determine if they would qualify for services through Second Wind Fund.
Second Wind Fund of Metro Denver
Second Wind Fund of Metro Denver (SWFMD) is our flagship Affiliate Program. Started in 2003, this Affiliate covers the 6 metro county areas of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson and Park. To make a referral for a Metro Denver youth, please call 303.988.2645 Extension 0.
Second Wind Fund of Boulder County
Second Wind Fund of Boulder County (SWFBC) was started through the leadership of HOPE Coalition of Boulder and Colie's Closet. Hope Coalition is a Boulder, CO organization dedicated to supporting depression awareness and suicide prevention in Boulder County.
Faye Peterson is the Executive Director of SWFBC. To make a referral for a youth in the Boulder County area, please call 720.212.7527.
Second Wind Fund of Four Corners Colorado
Second Wind Fund of Four Corners Colorado(SWFFCC) was started with the help of the Colorado State Strategic Use Funds grant. This Affiliate Program will provide services for youth in La Plata and Montezuma counties including the towns of Durango, Ignacio, Cortez and Bayfield.
Leslie Smith is the Affiliate Coordinator of SWFFCC. To help with this Affiliate Program or to make a referral please call 970.946.9586