Your Community. Your Kids.
Second Wind Fund's National Affiliate Program
Through Second Wind Fund, mental health services are accessible to youth 19 and under in Colorado communities. Second Wind Fund, Inc. covers the Denver metro area (Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson, and Park counties), El Paso and Teller counties, and Eagle River Valley. Affiliates offer services in Boulder County, and Four Corners Colorado. Our services continue to spread statewide, and several states throughout the nation have a strong interest in bringing Second Wind Fund's life-saving services to their own communities.
Starting a Second Wind Fund Affiliate Program
SWF receives inquiries on a weekly basis about our program and how to bring Second Wind Fund services to their own communities. Because the program can be duplicated in any community, we will walk you through the process and reduce the concerns of extensive time and energy necessary to get this program started.
Why Second Wind Fund?
- This is a fundamentally different and unique program--entirely distinguishable from any other awareness or education program that you may offer--because it provides direct services and fills a real niche in suicide prevention plans by offering fast, high-quality treatment services to children and youth who would not otherwise receive quality services.
- SWF has shown proven results in reducing youth suicide.
- Offering education and awareness programs is so very important for any community; however, once a young person is identified as having suicidal thoughts, can they afford mental health services? Studies show that 62% of individuals with suicidal ideation do not seek mental health services due to financial issues. SWF removes that concern for youth and their families.
- Funders find this program very appealing because money goes directly to treatment services.
- This is a very replicable program in any community, as we have an existing template and procedures.
We would be honored to assist any community in bringing SWF to their community in order to have a powerful and positive impact on youth at risk for suicide.
If you’re interested in bringing the Second Wind Fund Program to your community, please contact Executive Director Richard Eveleigh at the SWF office: 720.962-0706 ext 15 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Second Wind Fund Affiliates
Second Wind Fund, Inc. and its Affiliate Programs cover a large portion of the Colorado youth population. If you know of a young person at risk for suicide in any of these areas, please contact us or the appropriate Affiliate to determine if they would qualify for services through Second Wind Fund.
Second Wind Fund, Inc.
Second Wind Fund, Inc. started in 2002, and covers the 6 metro county areas of Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Jefferson and Park. Areas near Colorado Springs include El Paso and Teller Counties. SWF also covers the Eagle River Valley which includes Gypsum, Avon, Edwards, Wolcott, Eagle, Vail, Beaver Creek, Minturn and Basalt. To make a referral for a youth in these cities and counties, please call 303.988.2645.
Second Wind Fund of Boulder County
Second Wind Fund of Boulder County (SWFBC) was started through the leadership of HOPE Coalition of Boulder and Colie's Closet. Hope Coalition is a Boulder, CO organization dedicated to supporting depression awareness and suicide prevention in Boulder County.
Faye Peterson is the Executive Director of SWFBC. To make a referral for a youth in the Boulder County area, please call 720.212.7527.
Second Wind Fund of Four Corners Colorado
Second Wind Fund of Four Corners Colorado(SWFFCC) was started with the help of the Colorado State Strategic Use Funds grant. This Affiliate Program will provide services for youth in La Plata and Montezuma counties including the towns of Durango, Ignacio, Cortez and Bayfield.
Leslie Smith is the Affiliate Coordinator of SWFFCC. To help with this Affiliate Program or to make a referral please call 970.946.9586